Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting started

I've decided to create a weight loss blog because apparently the idea of journaling my diet and exercise has not been enough to TRULY motivate me. Perhaps the thought of the whole world having access to my diet and exercise (or lack thereof) will light a fire under me.

A little over a year ago I began to be very strict with my diet and running almost 4-5 days a week. I was able to shed all the weight I gained while completing my first master's program in no time. I lost 20 pounds total. It came to a point where I had to take all of my pants to be taken in because none of them stayed up on my waist! It was hard work, but the weight fell off easily. I even achieved a personal best of running a 5K in 28 minutes!

Somewhere between Summer and Fall, however, I began to slowly put the weight back on. I am no where near my original weight (I still fit into all my 'skinny' pants) but, if I let myself go any more, I will no longer fit into them. I fell out of my diet and exercise regimine for a number of different reasons- perhaps because I began a second master's program, started a new job that really keeps me on my toes, or maybe because I simply began allowing myself to get away with eating improperly or not exercising some days.

Whatever the reason, I have to get on the diet train because my wedding in Mexico is exactly 100 days from today! The idea of spending 9 days in a swim suit is quite motivational for me, as is the idea of looking at all of those wedding photos that will engrave the memories of the most important day of my life. So, today the journey begins. I will record everything I eat as well as how much I exercise from now until the wedding. This blog is more about keeping myself accountable than anything else, but if I earn some occasional readers or followers along the way- great! Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment