Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back on the Wagon!

I am so happy to say that I am back on the dieting bandwagon. The last few days have gone pretty well for me. Saturday I was successful in having a good workout at the gym. Those darn fiber bars were not so nice to my stomach during the week. I gave the last two away to a co-worker today, who agreed they were delicious. Hopefully they agree with her stomach!

Sunday FI and I went out to breakfast. I was reluctant to go at first because it is so hard to make good choices when tempted with so many tasty options, but I promised myself that I would order something 'good'. I spotted an old favorite, Eggs Florentine. Basically, it's an English Muffin with spinach, sunny side up eggs and hollandaise sauce. I even asked for fruit instead of hash browns. It was delish and I thought I had made a healthy choice (despite the white bread). Calorie King says that it is almost 900 calories and nearly 60g FAT!!! I guess it is not as bad of a choice as other items, but I was amazed at that. The rest of the day on Sunday I tried to stay with the plan:

Lunch: Lentil Soup & 60 cal Jell-O snack
Snack: fruit leather
Dinner: Quinoa with venison, peppers and onions (FI cooked!)

I had every intention of going to the gym on Sunday but the heavy breakfast caught up with me in the afternoon and I ended up taking a nap instead. Oh well- that's what Sundays are for, right?

Monday I had off work, but did very well for a day of sitting around at home.
Breakfast: 2 whole wheat low cal waffles with peaches and lite syrup- 5 WW points

Snack: coffee 2 WW points
yogurt- 2 WW points

Lunch: Veggie pesto pizza (okay, not so great) 8 WW points

Snack: banana- 2 WW points

"Dinner": Vanilla protein shake- 3 WW points
Cherri-Os cereal- 2 WW points
60 cal Jell-O- 1 WW point

Total: 25 points

Exercise: 20 minute run, 10 minutes on the 'hard' elliptical (this is the kind that is not on a 'track' and is truly difficult to operate!)

Tuesday was quite successful, as well.
Breakfast: 1/2 whole wheat lite English muffin, almond butter, banana slices- 3WWP
Skim milk- 2 WWP

Lunch: Dried cranberry and chicken strip salad, no dressing- 4 WWP
60 cal Jell-O- 1 WWP

Snack: 90 cal raspberry chocolate bar- 2 WWP
banana- 2 WWP

Dinner: Caprese Salad- 8 WWP (I'm guessing because I can't find the info)
1 Wasa cracker & lite laughing cow cheese (yes, I know that is a lot of cheese in one sitting but you must know that I love cheese and I was very excited to have just brought the Laughing Cow home from the store!)

Total: 25 points
Exercise: 40 minutes running, lifted shoulders

I am hoping that I can continue to be consistent with my blogging- it helps me stay on track. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment